If New Zealand wasn’t already on your list of travels it certainty will be after reading this. The country is a paradise for backpackers and adventure seekers. Although it might seem small, the possibilities are endless whether that is on land or in the sea. Here are ten reasons why you should book your next adventure to New Zealand, not that you need ten!
Feeling inspired? As travel experts, we can help you plan your perfect adventure to New Zealand or a around the world trip. Get in touch with the team and the only thing you’ll need to worry about is counting down the days until you go.
- Animal lovers unite. If you’re more of an animal lover than humans, New Zealand has got you covered. Majority of the population are animals with around 3 million people to 60 million sheep. The flightless, furry and bizarre animal to look out for is the native Kiwi, and no we don’t mean the fruit. The country is a haven for wildlife and the environment so your trip will be guaranteed to encounter some furry friends.
- Known for its large population of glow worms, the Waitomo Glow worm Caves are a stunning sight to admire. Take an adventure and capture beautiful glowing images all from a boat ride in the caves. Your friends will definitely get jealous seeing that all over your Instagram!
- For the fans of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films, you’ll be booking a trip to New Zealand in no time. In the heart of New Zealand you can be transported to Shire TM which has featured in the two popular films. Take a tour of the movie sets and explore the unique location of Hobbiton.
- If you’re thinking of heading on an extended trip to New Zealand and are from the UK, you can automatically get a 23 month working holiday visa. So if your trip is longer than a few weeks adventure, you can explore the country as well as being eligible for a job. How great does that sound?
- For adrenaline junkies, Queenstown has it all. Jumping, rafting, diving, hiking…. the list goes on. If adrenaline isn’t your thing we can certainly guarantee you stunning views on a walk along Lake Wakatipu, that’s something you’ll want to see.
- This ice cream will make you book a flight immediately. Hokey Pokey ice cream is a favourite for New Zealanders and has been for a long time. The caramelised honeycomb through vanilla ice cream is the only flavour you should be picking.
- Solo travelling can appear quite daunting and scary but no need to worry in New Zealand, the country is named one of the top ten safest in the world.
- Lovers of wine will know that New Zealand produces some of the best wine the world has. If you really do like wine, don’t just visit a bar but head to a vineyard and get the real inside scoop on how it’s made.
- New Zealand holds some of the best stargazing locations in the world. Skies are often clear and there is minimal light pollution so you can regularly see constellations unique to the Southern hemisphere and also the Southern Cross. Places to check out for beautiful skies at night are Queenstown, Twizel and Tekapo.
- Fish and chips have been popular in New Zealand for as long as anyone can remember. New Zealand seems to have their fish and chips standards bar raised very high, all the more reasons to visit. The best recipes include the locally sourced seafood and of course beer.